Thursday, November 24, 2016

The agony of waiting for your mission call... Enjoy it!

October 22, 2016

I wanted to start out with this post because I got my mission call 2 days ago and didn't realize until now how exciting it was to wait for it... sounds kinda odd? Maybe not.

You check the mail. Excitement fills you as you see that powerful white envelope with your name on it. You tell everyone about it and before you know it, there is an audience before you anticipating the moment. You read the first line...... you read "You are assigned..." and chances are your eyes have already seen where you're going. It's one of the most exciting moments of your life thus far!!

BUT...

No more wondering all the places you could go (although you should definitely pray to get confirmation that that is where you're meant to go), no more having your parents tease you about getting called to just a few missions away, no more worrying about going somewhere freezing cold (that was me... just a little).

So enjoy that time! Enjoy the impatience, the worry, the teasing. Enjoy looking up all of the 400 + missions and wondering which one you're meant for.
Click here to see the video of me opening my call 😃

(Just an FYI I got everything done in two weeks and my call came 3 weeks and 2 days later. For those of you wondering, I think they usually get sent on Mondays; I got mine on a Thursday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment