Thursday, November 24, 2016

Clothes for Jamaica (part 1)

There's about 3 months until I leave for my mission, but it's getting cold and clothes for Jamaica are going to be harder to find soon... Plus family trip to Salt Lake calls for shopping!! 

So I'm still a little clueless on some of things I need or should bring, but here are some of the clothes I got to get a start on my mission shopping. If you're going to Jamaica try to get the most light weight clothes you can. Shirts that you don't have to layer and things that aren't very tight. I thought it would be hard to find modest short-sleeve basic T-shirts but I found so many awesome ones that will be nice. (Luckily for me packing will be so much easier with all the small light weight clothes)


First things first... The half Tee's. I always thought these were the weirdest things, but now I am SO grateful for these because they give the coverage you need without adding the extra layers! It's awsome. Plus it's kinda hard to find shirts these days that don't require layering.


Outfit #1: Light lacey white/cream top from Down East, black and pink mid calf (I'm very short though) skirt from Mr. Mac
Outfit #2 is the shirt from Outfit 1 with the skirt from outfit 3


Outfit #3: Skirt from Down East (I wasn't sure about the color at first because I'm bad at matching colors, but this skirt is sooo awesome!) Gray shirt from Sierra Trading post (on sale for only $10!)


Outfits #4,#5,#6: Same awesome skirt from Down east, (the lighting in my room made the shirts look bad, but just know that they are much darker), Brown shirt from Down East, blue shirts from aeropostle. I'm way excited about these shirts becasue they don't need layering!



Outfit #7: Thin light weight dress from Down East. I got the belt from walmart, but I mostly added it for the picture haha. I need to get some other belts. 


Outfit #8 Pink shirt (a little dressier for the occasions and "colder" weather) from gap, black&white skirt from Dress Barn (built in slip!)

Outfit #9 Sorry the picture is a little blurry.... Got this dress at Mr. Mac, but it's not as heavy as their fancier cute dresses. It still has the built in slip which is very nice!

A few other things: I have too many gray short sleeve shirts... I'm sure I'll wear them though right? I also got a tan cardigan (as well as a gray one I plan on bringing), a few other thin shor sleeve simple shirts, and a really thin, light rain jacket. The rain jacket is a hard call since it just rains all the time in Jamaica... I'm still going to bring a rain jacket and umbrella, but we'll see! 
Socks: The no-show socks from payless are great if you get the ones with the no-slip heels 

Any questions or comments? Please leave below or in the submission!  Happy Mission y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment